VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got this car really cheap a few weeks back and I've been working on it. I am almost done with it. Now I notice that I only have bright lights..
The car was in a minor wreck. And it was sitting for over a year. So I need to know if you guys think if I need to replace the Turn Signal or if it would be something else causing it? I would like to get this fix before I drive out of town to go get hood.. Jetta 2003 2.0l

thx

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
You mean high beams or main beams? Thats a very confusing way to put it "bright lights"

It's probably fuse. Check every single blinker light make sure there isn't a smashed bulb in there, sometimes they fall out and drag on the ground then short out.
Wiring should be fine, socket maybe, bulb or fuse surely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean high beams or main beams? Thats a very confusing way to put it "bright lights"

It's probably fuse. Check every single blinker light make sure there isn't a smashed bulb in there, sometimes they fall out and drag on the ground then short out.
Wiring should be fine, socket maybe, bulb or fuse surely.

high beams ... I did check all fuse.. I also had to replace both HEADLIGHT... because of the car wreck..

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
the headlight low beams burn out on these cars a lot because they are on even during the day time (day time running lights) which can be deactivated. Just look in there and see if the filament looks worn and burnt out. Otherwise pull it out and compare it to the working filament.

If those are fine I would check all the wires in the harness that plug into the headlight. Make sure none of them aren't pushed in or missing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the headlight low beams burn out on these cars a lot because they are on even during the day time (day time running lights) which can be deactivated. Just look in there and see if the filament looks worn and burnt out. Otherwise pull it out and compare it to the working filament.

If those are fine I would check all the wires in the harness that plug into the headlight. Make sure none of them aren't pushed in or missing.
Actually, day time running lights is working.. headlight left and right with new bulb. I will be messing around with it tomorrow. Are there any relays?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts