VW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I’m new here but I’m stumped. I’m working on putting a sound system in my car and I bought an after market alternator (320 amp with a 6 phase hairpin) to keep up with the amperage that the system will be pulling (along with an XS power D3400 battery to compliment it) I haven’t gotten the alternator yet or taken My belt off but yet but the email is saying I will need a half inch shorter serpentine belt. The belt that is on it now is 51.97 in and I want to go with a 51.5 inch belt but I can’t find a double sided micro v bet at that length. Can I use a standard single sided belt? Or where could I find one at this length? Or could I possibly go shorter than that? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The closest belt I have found is 50.4in with would be a little over a half inch too small for what they call for. Do you think the tensioner would have enough adjustment to be able to get that belt on?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I’m new here but I’m stumped. I’m working on putting a sound system in my car and I bought an after market alternator (320 amp with a 6 phase hairpin) to keep up with the amperage that the system will be pulling (along with an XS power D3400 battery to compliment it) I haven’t gotten the alternator yet or taken My belt off but yet but the email is saying I will need a half inch shorter serpentine belt. The belt that is on it now is 51.97 in and I want to go with a 51.5 inch belt but I can’t find a double sided micro v bet at that length. Can I use a standard single sided belt? Or where could I find one at this length? Or could I possibly go shorter than that? Thanks in advance
Also doing a aftermarket alternator
400 amp 6phase hairpin, calls for 1 inch shorter.
I’m in the same boat you were a year ago.
what did you end up getting? I’m also considering a single sided belt. Since they don’t make the correct size in double sided 7 rib

1 - 3 of 3 Posts