VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the step by step swap forum awhile ago but cant find it anymore. My 00 tdi Jetta manual was rear ended and was written off so Im going to use it as a donor for a cleanish 2003 Jetta auto 1.8t I want to swap my ALH and manual trans into. The mechanical side is not a problem, Im, just worried about the wiring. If someone can point me towards the forum, that was a detailed step by step that would be great.
The biggest question if someone knows off hand, do I need to swap the body wiring harness or just use my original cluster? My current ecu has immobilizer delete and a stage 4.5 Malone tune, so can I keep the current ignition/key set for the wagon ?
Thankyou, please be kind lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mate,
If was instead of you, I would take it to a car wrecker company and get money for it. after that will focus on getting a new one. so simple:D
Yeah that would be the easiest thing to do, however, I want a mk4 wagon with an ALH. And since I have a perfect one that's already built, in my wrecked jetta and a decent wagon (that are near impossible to find here) I want to do the swap. The resources were out there before, I just can't find them anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts