VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I so excited that I got this awesome car as I have been wanting one for the longest time. I would like to enhance my vw experience by enhancing my car. I don't know much about cars, but I want to have some fun with this little rocket. What should I do first?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
id say chip first, then exhaust or springs. chip for power and springs for looks and exhaust for awesome sound and increase in power
rich

·
Registered
66 Posts
Congradulations on the car. I would suggest you not get the chip first. It is the fastest way to gain a lot of power, but if you got the chip first, you would have to reconfigure your setting when you get your exaust and intake for the best performance. If you got the exhaust and intake first, you wouldn't run into a problem like that.
Drew

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Here's what i did for mine. Exhaust, New By-Pass Valve, Chip, and springs this spring. Like what vwdrew said, You really want to prepare your car for the chip. by replacing the exhaust and by-pass, you really shouldn't run into any problems.
jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Josh, thanks for contacting us with your tuning questions. The way by which you reach stage III is completely up to you but I have a few recommendations. I would definitely begin with a chip, followed by a cat-back exhaust (the DP is different for stage II and stage III). I would then go with suspension upgrades and finally move on to stage III. The biggest bang for the buck is the chip for sure. I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks. Jeremy Auvil

Thats from an engineer at APR. I figure he knows what he's doing, so Ill follow his advice. The APR chip can be changed at your home computer when you upgrade stuff, so thats handy as your car "grows".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts