VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Thomas what source is this from?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MotorTrend

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
No mention of a Jetta/GTi redesign? Shed some light on this one for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think we'd all like to know

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
No mention of a Jetta/GTi redesign? Shed some light on this one for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
i think we'd all like to know<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GTI/GOLF is slated for 2005 model year, meaning on sale mid 2004. And the Jetta is getting just a minor facelift in 2004, so the major one will probably be 2007. No clue in other words.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I find this very interesting and I thought I'd share.

VW
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> 2005 Volkswagen Golf: Redesign.

2005 Volkswagen W12 Coupe: The name gives away the potent heart of this sophisticated beast, a compact 6.0-liter 12-cylinder that produces 600 horsepower. Matched to a six-speed transmission, VW claims the coupe can rocket 0-60 mph in under 3.5 seconds and top 217 mph. Such performance is achieved due to a low 2650-pound curb weight. With a track-tuned double-wishbone front and rear suspension, 50/50 weight distribution, various electronic assists, and massive 19-inch tires, equally impressive handling is ensured. Penned by Giugiaro, this latest gull-winged challenger to supercar supremacy appears to be in the staging lane for production.

2006 Volkswagen Marrakech: Based on the next-generation Golf platform, the cute-ute codenamed Marrakech will feature 4Motion all-wheel drive with a central locking Haldex clutch. Engines to include 1.8-liter turbo I-4, 1.9-liter turbodiesel, and 2.8-liter V-6. The expressive vehicle is set to compete with the Toyota RAV4 up to the BMW X3.

2006 Volkswagen Microbus: Just as the Golf's platform lends itself to the New Beetle, the Microbus will sit on a version of the Eurovan's platform. Styling for the new model is a modern interpretation of the classic 1950s/1960s Microbus. The distinctive minivan will be built at the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles factory in Hanover, Germany, in 2005. At auto shows, Volkswagen has shown a pickup truck and camper van scale models based on the Microbus concept hinting at future possibilities.

2006 Volkswagen Touran: Tall multipurpose vehicle based on new Golf comes to U.S. market. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AUDI
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> 2005 Audi A6: Redesign.

2005 Audi A8: Less-expensive short-wheelbase model joins the A8 L. A high-performance S8 may follow.

2005 Audi RS4: The RS4 is expected to outshine the radical S4 with a biturbo 4.2-liter/450-horsepower V-8.

2005 Audi RSR: The mid-engine supercoupe will share its spaceframe with the new small Lamborghini, as well as V-10 powertrain. Expect power to be restricted in this AWD model to maintain a respectful distance from its Italian sibling.

2005 Audi SUV: Dubbed a "Multi-Activity Cruiser," the Audi sport/ute will be derived from the Volkswagen Magellan concept, splitting the difference between the VW Touareg and Audi Allroad.

2006 Audi Sports car: Audi is expected to unveiled a sports car at the September Frankfurt Motor Show developed from the Lamborghini Gallardo. Details are few, but Audi is targeting the Porsche 911 with its space-framed car. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BMW sure looks busy
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> 2005 BMW 2 Series: BMW will launch a new range of cars positioned between the Mini and the 3 Series, lead by the 1 Series sedans. Following the German automaker's revised naming strategy, the coupe and convertible models will carry the 2 Series designation. An M-tuned variant is expected.

2005 BMW M1: Recalling the M1 mid-engine supercar of the 1980s, a true exotic coupe will replace the retro-inspired Z8 roadster. Likely powertrain to be a variation of the M5 V-8, however an innovative I-6 may be featured: a direct-injection 3.6-liter/24-valve magnesium engine with an aluminum head. Naturally aspirated, the advanced powerplant produces approximately 375 horsepower, with a low-inertia supercharger putting 450 horsepower in reach.

2005 BMW M5: For 2005, BMW will introduce a 500+ horse, V-10-powered M5 with a six-speed manual or sequential gearbox.

2005 BMW X7: Ultra-luxury SUV in spirit of the X5, the X7 draws features and powertrains from its 7 Series mates. Expansion at Spartanburg may permit assembly of this full-size SUV, which is still under review.

2005 BMW Z2: Affordable roadster spun off the 2 Series coupe.

2006 BMW 3 Series: Redesigned. Sedan models roll out first year, with coupe and convertible to join later under name 4 Series. The 3.0-liter inline six expected to increase displacement to 3.5-liters. Six-speed manual expected to be standard equipment. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

and for those who care
2006 will be the Subaru Impreza's redesign year as well.

[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts