VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a 2005 Phaeton with 54K miles. Does anyone have any recommendations / cautionary advice? I know the car is incredible, but what are some of the gotcha's that I should be aware of? I will purchase the certification (2 yrs, 24,000 miles).

How about parts? I am in the US and am concerned that because the car is not sold here any longer that parts will be expensive (shipping).

I know that the car requires premium gasoline and that oil changes go for about $140 per 5000 miles.

Anything else that people can forewarn me of regarding maintenance / potential shop time with their experiences?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Going with a Certified Pre-Owned car is definitely the way to go. As far as parts availability/pricing - parts prices are definitely a bit higher for Phaeton specific parts than for say, a Jetta, but no more so than any premium car. Parts availability has not been a problem. I am unaware of any inherent issues specifically with the Phaeton.

- Craig
vwdiscountparts.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
[email protected]
VW Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to entirely to all Volkswagen models including the Golf, Jetta, and Passat! Come join the discussion about TDI, Turbos, reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing