VW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fluid reservoir was cracked, so I bought a replacement. It’s not a genuine VW part, but it looks like it will fit… There’s only one major problem: my 2006 VW Rabbit DOES NOT have headlight washers. Unfortunately, the reservoir I bought has a 2cm hole for the headlight washer pump near the bottom beside the fluid level sensor, and the windshield washer pump. Even more unfortunate for me; there was no plug with the part to seal this hole. I’ve searched high and low online, bought various plugs that I thought would fix my problem, the first of which leaked. It was an improvised part that happened to fit nicely in the hole, but is not watertight. The last two I bought, which were manufactured as reservoir plugs, turned out to apparently be for the two holes which I DO NOT have to plug: the windshield washer pump, and the fluid level sensor. This is very aggravating. The sites/ listings are very nondescript, do not specify what hole these plugs are for, sizes, etc. They only say “windshield washer fluid reservoir plug”, so every time I buy one, it’s just a shot in the dark… Has anyone out there run into this problem? Any idea how I can get the part I need to fix this? Any help/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did the old reservoir not have a plug there? How about taking the plug that has the best fit of which you have bought, put a bead of silicone around it and push it in. Let it sit until the silicone is cured and it should be fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with a 2015 beetle, only I bought OEM and the new tank with the correct part number has that extra hole. I can't find a plug either! Dealers can't seem to help, I already returned one and ordered another from a different place and it showed up with the same extra hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts