VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Just had a used turbo & catalytic converter put in my 2006 VW Passat 20.T for $1,700.00. The vehicle drove fine for a week, then it started to jerk while driving--don't know if this is when the gears are changing or if it is the turbo kicking in defectively or something. I believe this vehicle is too much maintenance--most people could not afford what I just paid to get this up & running again. I suppose this car will never be the same because of the blown turbo. This car also eats up too much oil. I am about to bring it back to the mechanic due to this intermittent jerk problem & the fact that the OBC had a oil flashing light on with 3 consecutive beeps when the oil level is fine as that was taken care of by the mechanic along with these major repairs. So then I attempted to re-set, then that same day another OBD message replaced the oil message stating "steering wheel lock defective" also with 3 consecutive beeps which is not always allowing me to immediately start the vehicle. Sometimes it has immediately started; now it can take up to 10 attempts of re-inserting the fob before the vehicle will start. Yes, I have always had the 100% synthetic oil changed according to specifications, but I did make the mistake of allowing my Grand-child use my vehicle which is why the turbo blew in the first place. Any ideas about this please? All this took a total of 45 days in the shop!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
it sounds like you may have a sludging issue in your engine with the oil light flashing and using oil. typically the oil pump dont pump enough pressure and eats the turbo up either pumping the oil into the intake system or out the exhaust. pull the codes on the car and see if it is a a key immobilizer code saying start up blocked by immobilizer

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just purchased a 2006 2.0T and while test driving the defrost and heat worked just fine. When I drove off for about 20 minutes the heat worked great. When I switched from defrost to defrost-feet I heard a pop (not like a fuse, something with more of a thud) and the whole system shut down. No fan no nada. Did my fan crap out on me do you think? Heat was blowing strong so hopefully not a heater core. Any idea what I am looking at price wise to repair? Ball park is ok.

Thanks for a the help/advice all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts