VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after some help from people in the know.
My 2007 2.0tdi Passat wont start. Cranks but does not start. I have no glow plug light appearing on the dash. Also I cannot hear the lift pump priming in the tank like I normally can. I have tried my Delphi code reader and it is not communicating with the engine controller. Code 01314. However I can communicate to the other controllers. I have no fuses blown nor any useable links. I have tried a new glow plug main relay under the engine fuse box and made no difference. I have had the engine ECU tested and it has no fault. Has anybody had this fault before or can anyone point me to some wiring ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, after some help from people in the know.
My 2007 2.0tdi Passat wont start. Cranks but does not start. I have no glow plug light appearing on the dash. Also I cannot hear the lift pump priming in the tank like I normally can. I have tried my Delphi code reader and it is not communicating with the engine controller. Code 01314. However I can communicate to the other controllers. I have no fuses blown nor any useable links. I have tried a new glow plug main relay under the engine fuse box and made no difference. I have had the engine ECU tested and it has no fault. Has anybody had this fault before or can anyone point me to some wiring ?
I had the same problem, broken wire, loose connector no connection to ecu. First I should check the main harness for broken wire

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same problem, broken wire, loose connector no connection to ecu. First I should check the main harness for broken wire
Thanks for the reply, where abouts was your broken wire? Near the ecu in the scuttle panel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reply, where abouts was your broken wire? Near the ecu in the scuttle panel?
No, I had broken wires in the harness goes to spark plugs and down next the engine. I changed the broken plug’s connectors and - because the wires are too tight and after a while fragile I may pooled it to hard to put the harness back together. Multiple wires broken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE, PROBLEM FIXED. Was a broken wire between T94 plug (large plug on engine ECU) pin 69 (black wire and gray trace) goes to t40 pin 6 Large connector to the underside on engine bay fuse box. the loom had rubbed through where the wiring harness comes through the bulkhead from the engine Ecu to the engine bay fuse box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts