VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 VW Jetta Se 2.5l. I bought the car and soon realized there are no blinkers and no high beams. Actually the high beam comes on when I start the car and shuts off after driving for a bit. If I leave the car without detaching the battery the high beam will turn on its own. I checked my fuses and I ended up changing many. It still didn't fix the problem. I looked at a great video that I thought would solve a relay problem on YouTube
. Many of my relays were the same. I was even missing a 404 relay that I replaced and did nothing. However, my relays have a 53 on the top with three 449s next to it. The video I saw had one 449 and a couple slots down a 370 and 373. In my car the 370 and 373 slot is vacant. No place for the relays. Is it possible my relay center is damaged or do I just have a different set up? Does anyone know where I can find a relay diagram for my car? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Of the two pictures the one on top are the relays as I bought the car. The one below is a screenshot of a VW V on YouTube. As you can notice, the picture from the bottom shows me missing the 404 relay. I have replaced that one. My yellow windshield wiper light went out and I may have gained functionality to my high beams. I am still shutting the battery off. The picture on the bottom shows a 53 and a 449. I have both of these but then two more 449s. The picture on the bottom has a 370 and 373 in a slot that does not have a plug in on my relay center. Does anyone have a similar relay set up to mine on the top row? I suspect there are not three consecutive 449s. Maybe I have a relay missing on the top row after the third 449? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out, I have two 370 relays in the engine fuse box. Is one of these supposed to be a 373?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts