VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up, i'll be getting my 2010 Jetta 2.0T Wolfburg Edition Chipped this week (prob monday). The ECU Upgrade will be from APR. I hear nothing but good things about them, so hopefully i will not be dissapointed. Should put me at around 250 from the original 200 HP i'm getting now. Pretty excited.

I'll post a short before and after clips here if posting videos is possible on this website.

C ya'll on monday!

Adam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Coastie -

I purchased my candy white Wolf 2.0T in December and up to this point I have only added tint and a black VW emblem for the front grill. My next purchase will be this Friday...getting the GTI/GLI front honeycomb grill.

I would love to add cold air intake, APR stage one chip, and lower it a bit for increased handling, but am a little apprehensive because I’ve heard those things void the warranty. Any info on this subject would be greatly appreciated! This car is sick and I just want to open her up a bit and let her breathe better and really start to experience what this car is capable of!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my take

Well, about your Voiding the warranty question. I don't have the answer. I do know, APR offers the ECU Stage 1 Performance flash with the ability to set the computer back to basic stock settings. The dealership will never know anything was ever done to the computer system. I haven't personally taken mine back to the dealer, but I do know others that have with no worries. IF they say "hey we need to set all your settings back to normal" just let them. DO NOT EVER ADMIT TO TAMPERING WITH THE COMPUTER! If they want to flash your computer back to when you first bought it fine. Usually who ever does your Performance flash will RE-Flash it for free atleast once. Atleast the shop i go to offers this.

I will give you a couple of links to youtube that I posted for another forum (VWvortex) very nice and un commercialized forum. Lot of VWers lovers there as well.

Here is my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3836860

I have 3 gear pull videos after i flashed the car and installed the Carbonio Cold Air intake with the stage 2 Carbono fiber piping all the way down to the turbo inlet (Very sleek-pics on the cardomain page)

If you can't get to the videos on my cardomain page, just PM me and i'll shoot you the link to the you tube. I think you can just type in youtube: third gear pull.mov, and 3rd,4th, into 5th. it should be there for ya.

hope this helps your decision.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts