VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a list of issues I have had with my new 2011 Jetti TDI since buying it in March of 2011. Individually they are mostly minorish, but makes car feel slapped together. Oh well, I'll get over it but wanted to vent.

- passenger rear speaker distorts/vibrates, especially on talk radio. Could be bad speaker, loose speaker, or something loose in door panel.*Dealer to look at next time I bring it by.

-driver side front console trim panel not positioned correctly: VW*attempted fix but just brought the 2 pieces together without proper overlap and it bulged out. I fixed it properly.*

-whistle on drivers side seems to come from side mirror. Fixed by replacing mirror.

-Front wheel well plastic housing not flush underneath, trapped water, when raining its like turning on a hose into area. VW replaced entire right side of front wheel housing.

-hood misaligned. Servicr tech determined and stated that it needs to go to the body shop for alignment and to fix the loose fender. Fixed but not perfect.

-driver side fender loose at top. Fixed.

-Rear wheel wells insulation sagging below metal fender. VW replaced both rear wheel liners and fit is perfect.

-Driver visor clip missing (fixed)

-Scratches by sunroof (minor, live with)

-Delivered very dirty inside (floor mats coated with dirt and pillars/headliner/visor with lots of black smudges). Most smudges I could clean but a few remain.*

-Outside paint very rough. Had to use clay bar to remove rough spots all over.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is how they delivered the car to you On date of purchase?? I know these issues are small but a big headache, but the Dealer should be covering them under warranty, no matter how small they are.

If the dealer gives you a haed time go to another one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Problems

You should always check the car before driving home from the dealer. VW needs to train properly its assembers and improve quality control. These small defects pulls the sales down. VW auto sales is even lower that some Korean cars that started to come to US much latter than VW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Made in Mexico?

If so, there are too many indications of more assembly and QC problems compared to German assembly. Sloppy QC in Mexico because of sloppy line management and too much line labor turnover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is a list of issues I have had with my new 2011 Jetti TDI since buying it in March of 2011.

-Delivered very dirty inside (floor mats coated with dirt and pillars/headliner/visor with lots of black smudges). Most smudges I could clean but a few remain.*

-Outside paint very rough. Had to use clay bar to remove rough spots all over.
Why did you accept such a dirty, poorly finished vehicle? I don't get this post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Old thread . . . My bad. Still (if the OP wasn't a troll post) never show up at any dealership unless you've got a ride back home in case your new vehicle isn't truly ready to roll. When I picked up my Tiguan in August 2009 the PDI cleaning was incomplete. Told them, respectfully, to call me when they were finished and asked my salesman to make sure. Got a call within a few hours and everything was perfect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts