VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2012 vw passat that i've been fighting with for a couple weeks now. my girlfriend was diving it from work one night and it went into (limp) mode is what i would say and the EPC light turned on. she shut it off and restarted it and it ran fine no lights and she drove home. day later she was on the highway doing 70 and it lost all power again no throttle response and at this time the check engine light turned on she said it was acting like a miss fire and the breaks felt weird. she had it towed to my house and i plugged the soloist into it and had a list of codes, and at this time the car ran fine with no lights on. i pulled the throttle body off and say some oil on it and in the intake it self. went and bought a new PCV valve and replaced it along with cleaning the intake as best i could. got it back together she drove it for a few days and it happened again but only the EPC light this time, she shut it of and re started it and drove home. so she took it to a shop the next day and the said the clock spring was broke witch i new about, been that way sense we got it, they also said the throttle pedal need to be replaced. so later that night i got a new pedal and replaced it. drove great for two days and today driving it the EPC light turned on a block from the house. im out of ideas looking for any info on this problem. thank you

1 - 1 of 1 Posts