VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got 2013 brand new Jetta sport station wagon. From the very moment I drove the car from the dealer, there's been an wind noise coming right into my left ear. That wind noise starts at about 50 miles per hour and up and sounds like if you slightly open a window while driving. Very annoying.

I went to the dealer multiple times. First they replaced the rubber insulation strip around front door. It didn't help at all. Then they said they adjusted front door. Didn't help. Then they said they adjusted back door. Didn't help. Then they kept my car for a while and came back and claimed that everything is OK. They either don't hear the noise or the noise sound good to them and "this is the way the car noise suppose to sound". I know that I'm not crazy and a few of my friends drove the car and hear the same annoying noise.

I called VM and made a claim. Regional director (Tracy) called me in a few days. She said she talked to the dealer and reiterated what dealer said and since they don't see it as a problem there is nothing she can do.

I would certainly not bought the car if I new about that irritating noise. I'm also very frustrated with VM they way they don't want to help you to resolve their car problem. You would think they would be interested to resolve it.

Did anybody have the same problem? Can anybody help?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Try some tape. Get some blue painters tape, 1 1/2 or 2 inches wide. Tape up all the door seams and the window seams on the driver side.

Make sure all the tape is perfectly flat. Now climb in from the passenger side and go for a ride.

If the wind noise is reduced, you can remove one piece at a time to see when the noise gets worse. This will be the area to concentrate on to find the cause of the wind noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the advice. Right now I managed to persuade Tracy to send VM "QA analyst" to look at it again. He did. and confirmed that he hears the noise (only driver side). He promised in a week to take a look to see if he can determine the cause. If he cannot fix it I'l have to try your suggestion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wind Noise Driver Window

I posted a thread about the very same wind noise issue I have on my 2013 Passat SEL Premium, and as you were told, this is normal operation. As you said, I would not have purchased the car had I known about this design defect.

I am not going to quit talking to VW until this is resolved. They do need to fix this. I suspect there are thousands of Jetta and Passat owners experiencing the same issues and have not spoken up or do not know what to do.

I am spreading the word amongst all of my friends about the issue I am having with this wind noise, and am making contact with our state attorney general's office, since VW America says this is normal. I advise all of you with this problem to do the same.

When I heard VW's QTA (quality technician analyst) make the same comment I was fearful this would be an issue. And now collectively, we need to make our voices known.

Please contact me directly at [email protected] and together we can start a movement on other talk forums as well as this one. There is strength in numbers and I suspect VW does not want negative publicity. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts