VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2013 Passat SEL Premium in August of 2013 and have been plagued with wind noise/air turbulence since new on the driver side window at ear level and slightly forward. It appears at 35-40MPH and becomes worse as speed increases and even more so in a cross wind or side wind.

The VW QTM looked at the car yesterday, acknowledged the wind noise and drove two 2014 Passats and confirmed the same issue exists in those cars as well. However, his comment states "at this time the condition is normal operation." It is not normal and really interferes with the pleasure of driving this car. It is really the only complaint I have; however, it is real and not something fabricated.

If any of you reading this thread have the same issue, I would appreciate a response and how your wind noise was resolved. You may also contact me directly as [email protected]. Thanks..........

·
Registered
63 Posts
"at this time the condition is normal operation."
It seems like a design defect.
Since it's not related to safety there may not be a recall on this but there may be a Technical Service Bulletin that the dealership knows of to help preferred customers.

Since the fault is easily reproduced you may be able to locate the hopefully single source by taping up various external grooves and crevices on the body. Finding a cosmetically pleasing fix may be more difficult.

I've heard somewhere of a car in which the steering wheel locks up at highway speeds due to an intermittent problem in the security system - the owner was also told this was "normal".
It is no wonder that only 7% of the US public trusts car salespeople.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts