VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this may not happen to my ca but im thinkin about it.... I know I can buy a lot of the parts that make it look like one....like the rabbit GTI on the back and whatnot. What do you all think of it? is it worth tryin or should I just leave it be? lol. Let me know.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
um, i dont want to seem snotty cuz i own a 20th, but i dont think you should do it...

by the time you spent all the money on the 20th body kit (which is not cheap at all) you could get a really nice reiger or oettenger (sp?) body kit. jus my $.02

·
Registered
473 Posts
I say go for it! If you like the look, why not? OEM gets the most clout anyway. There is a kid here who made his black GTI a 337 and I thought it looked better than the 337 (because they are all Reflex silver).

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am almost there but i i can surely say that i can have what i want from the kit and what i dont want. Like for example i have a twin exhaust leather interior, upgraded suspension and handling and also with a few touches here and there. it can look better than a 337 or a 20th aniv.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i might be a newbie and all and i dont mean to sound all snoty about it either, but i agree with bluerabbit. i do not mean this to be sarcastic in any way, but you are going to be the one driving it so you do what you want to do because its your money and time going into it, and people would respect that even if they dont like it.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI152:
I am almost there but i i can surely say that i can have what i want from the kit and what i dont want. Like for example i have a twin exhaust leather interior, upgraded suspension and handling and also with a few touches here and there. it can look better than a 337 or a 20th aniv.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, not to mention the same 3 colors.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
from your signature u already have a body kit. even though i personally don't like that jap body kit u still have one!

all i can say is that u go to work and make money so spend it on whatever the hell you want! who cares what others think!

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:
from your signature u already have a body kit. even though i personally don't like that jap body kit u still have one!

all i can say is that u go to work and make money so spend it on whatever the hell you want! who cares what others think!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops double post...

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: cyaneye ]

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1point8T:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree...there are way too many sheep in the VW tuning scene.

As for the wings west kit, I was definitely NOT a fan of that kit after I saw the pictures on their site as well as the write up in Eurotuner. However, I saw one in person at a GTG and the kid did a decent job blending the parts...It actually flowed and completely changed my opinion.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I say do as you like.

I've seen a nice S4 look'a'like that damn thing looked freaggin' amazing in (I think) European Car Magazine.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:
I say go for it! If you like the look, why not? OEM gets the most clout anyway. There is a kid here who made his black GTI a 337 and I thought it looked better than the 337 (because they are all Reflex silver).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree. I love the OEM style. I am trying to keep mostly the OEM look. For example: the blue Jazz Blue 24v 1998 Jetta GLX Coupe. Basically the guys from Eastside Motorsport made a completely OEM looking car-asking themselves "what if vw came out with a mk3 vento coupe?" take a look: EASTSIDE

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:
Definitely hot...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

soooooo hot!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for responding, I was out of town so I didnt get a chance to check up on it. Yea I have the body kit for it already and rims and lowering springs, I was just talking about the little suttle things in the car and a few outside. The only things I can think of is the red gti up front which i wont have since i have a new grill on the way.... the gti rabbitt on the back the silver(chrome) outling along the radio and the one thing I havent found out of I can get for it and if so how much so see if u guys can help me..... the gauges....I really like the look of those. I saw it in the day though, do they still light up blue? Thanx for all your opinons, good or bad

~Travis

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
yeah they still light up the beautiful red and blue. acutall, i think that you have more visability of the needle during the day and at night because the tip of the needle is contrasted with silver.

just what i think...

·
Registered
235 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
I was just talking about the little suttle things in the car and a few outside. The only things I can think of is the red gti up front which i wont have since i have a new grill on the way.... the gti rabbitt on the back
...if that's all your gonna do, then go 4 it. Lots of people get cars and make them into something else. My dad had a camero and turned it into a Z28 (changed the engine and badges, etc.). Only a few of us know it's not really a Z28... but he's happy

-jb

1 - 16 of 16 Posts