VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i heard the guys in the mk4 talkin about this. is it possible to put a 20v head on a aba bottom end. and if so what would this task intitle.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Yes it is. Compression ratio ends up being 8.5:1 Someone mentioned about possibly needing new pistons to clear the 3rd valve. But the bore size is the same on head and block.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's possible but not easy. You need to fill 2 or 3 of the oil send (or something like that) holes in the 20v head, and wil need to do a lot of custom fabrication. I've been playing with the idea but, the total cost is somewhere in the range of $5000 to pull off. For that, you could just but the entire 20v 2.0T engine from Euro Parts Inc

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Well, Aaron is probably the most knowledgable person on here when it comes to Swaps and F/I. He says otherwise.
Sounds like you need custom pistion to clear the middle valve, but other then that everything bolts right up. CR is ideal for F/I, but wont work for N/A. Set of custom pistons should be around 500$, plus the cost of the head and you could do it for well under 2.5k it seems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts