VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I spend all winter on bald tires, not fun.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
U can with AWD, but with FWD it's just wanna be drifting. Snow is just about done for us pretty light winter. Figures the year I spend money on kick arse snow tires it doesn't snow that much. Yeah well bring on the sun and car shows.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am fortunate because it dosent snow very much here in the valley, just a few times through the winter and usually at night. If I had the money to buy snow tires I could drive up through the mountains and really get myself into a situation. Well, not that I dont already.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
I spend all winter on bald tires, not fun.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vwspeed97:
agreed
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, i got caught in a snowstorm in my pilot sports....ouch. The next day I put on my winter setup..much better

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
U can with AWD, but with FWD it's just wanna be drifting. Snow is just about done for us pretty light winter. Figures the year I spend money on kick arse snow tires it doesn't snow that much. Yeah well bring on the sun and car shows.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are spoiled. We got tons of snow this year, this winter seems to never go away. GO away!!! Go Away!!!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
This winter, our Golf is wearin' Kumho I'Zen snow tires on all 4 corners. Snow tires can seem impractical when the roads are dry, but when it snows...snow tires=confidence.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
You guys are spoiled. We got tons of snow this year, this winter seems to never go away. GO away!!! Go Away!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Move to PA dub country Thomas!!!!
I do doughnuts in intersections (of course when no one is around)...it's fun.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have Blizzak MZ-01 Directional winter tires on my stock Montreal 2s for winter, and I am glad I have them. Wouldn't get through winter any other way with this car. Eventually, I want to purchase an Audi with Quattro for this purpose...either a TT after the GTI is paid off, or maybe an old 4000S Quattro that I could swap a 2.3 20V 5 cyl into...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quattro+SnowTires = RALLY ON THE SNOW!!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, that was me last night. It is interesting watching people along the side of the road having trouble when you have on performance tires and are still passing through.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts