VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOLY CRAP!! that thing is long enough to connect directly to the cat. That is WAAAAAYYYY over the limit in my book, but I'm a stealth man myself.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i believe those have resonators built into them so they still have back pressure. the only back pressure that makes a difference is catalytic converter and manifold pressure. so the back pressure shouldnt be the concern.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a 1990 vw jetta 1.8L 8v
I want to put on a 3 inch straight pipe on from the cat back with a monza tip
I want to know if this will make me lose power or gain power, cause somebody said something to me bout not enough back pressure

here is a pic of the monza tip I'm gona put on

it's 24 inches long and has a 3 inch inlet and a 3.5 inch outlet

do you guys like it?
I do

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ya the only back pressure that matters is in the ......WRONG! if you install one of those or any other exhaust over 2 and a half inches and you dont have 400+ horsepower you will lose tourque...that stuff that lets you accelrate and burn tires and dust ricers..the stuff that we drive vws for. if you want to have all your power above 6000 rpm buy a honda. the bigger the exhaust the more HIGH end horsepower that dosent mean you will have a faster car..think about how many time you run you dub at 6000 rpm.......thats my 2 cents i may be wrong but then why would i go to school daily for auto mechanics?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
hey in my opinion pacesetter is junk but if ur low on money go for it, save up a lil more and buy a good system like techtonics or eurosport if ur lookin for a good performance exhuast and they are normally a 2 1/4" piping. hope u find one u like.

·
Registered
26 Posts
lol you guys are funny
I'm not sticking the tip out at all
the tip is gonna be flush with my bumper
I have a straight pipe on now and I have the a2 style jetta
the reason i'm gettin such a long tip is so it sits underneath the car far(chrome that is) I have no muffler on my jetta
I have the small bumpers and from the side angle you can see my straight pipe
I want to make it so all you see is chrome I have a tip welded on now but I don't like the view from the side, it is too short looks funny to me
i'm gettin the tip not a whole exhaust system, so I think monza can do it woulden't matter at all what company it was, it's just a tip(non resonated)
oh yeah I run my jetta at 6000 all the time and smoke cars I've even beaten a chevelle

I'm sticking with what I have stock for the piping for now, till i drop in a corrado VR6 w/a turbo

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Honestly I don't like it. How can you say you will have that thing tucked in? Where and under what? Your A2 Jetta is not a Truck dude.
This is just my opinion, just ask yourself,
is this action something you want, or some of your friends with BMX's want?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts