VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doin the vr swap in my car and i have plans and dreams for the car (mkII jetta coupe) but iwas just wonderin what would it take to produce 300-400 hp? and iwant turbo, no nos. butid like to know with FI and w/o just for some food for thought.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You def would need turbo. SC will not produce those numbers.
Check out the ATP and EIP kits. Those numbers are pretty easily achived, but expensive. While the engine is out of the car get it prepared for F/I as much as you can.

·
Registered
414 Posts
for that kind of power you had better plan on rebuilding the entire engine and making it stronger if you want it to last any amount of time.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 87cabriolet:
for that kind of power you had better plan on rebuilding the entire engine and making it stronger if you want it to last any amount of time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't have said it better.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
You def would need turbo. SC will not produce those numbers.
Check out the ATP and EIP kits. Those numbers are pretty easily achived, but expensive. While the engine is out of the car get it prepared for F/I as much as you can.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could hit the low end of that range (300hp) with a SC but not so much the high end. Just thought I would add that in. For big numbers Turbo is a great way to go though.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
VF-Charger Stg 2 is only 280hp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoops, thought the stage III was done now...when it is that will be 320hp.
Sorry aboot that.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Soon

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Stage 1 IN STOCK !
bolt-on "ready to run" 6.0 psi with custom Stage 1 VF.GIAC software
6.0 250 $3500

Stage 2 IN STOCK !
(stage 1 required) + high capacity Bosch injectors, 8.0 psi pulley, race bypass valve, custom remapped Stage 2 VF.GIAC software.

8.0 280 $1000

Stage 3 Coming Soon!
(stage 1+2 required) + 10 psi pulley, high flow front mounted intercooler and custom remapped Stage 3 VF.GIAC software. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Soon

Stage 1 IN STOCK !
bolt-on "ready to run" 6.0 psi with custom Stage 1 VF.GIAC software
6.0 250 $3500

Stage 2 IN STOCK !
(stage 1 required) + high capacity Bosch injectors, 8.0 psi pulley, race bypass valve, custom remapped Stage 2 VF.GIAC software.

8.0 280 $1000

Stage 3 Coming Soon!
(stage 1+2 required) + 10 psi pulley, high flow front mounted intercooler and custom remapped Stage 3 VF.GIAC software. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha, I think it has said soon for about a year now! Not sure what "soon" means to them. It's still pretty solid though - I think if I had 280hp I'd be set - I can't even imagine having 300+ like you guys want and some of you actually have. I just have no need for that much (not that it wouldn't be fun though).

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I have a friend with the stg 2
248 whp. That car is fast...I can't imagine 50+ more hp.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed. - I need to find someone around here that has one so I can take a ride in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts