VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all; I have the option of buying a 337 exhaust for my GTI...is there something different about it other than the chrome tips?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah i think db is right.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
You can hear the exhaust on 1.8T here.

Right Click and Save as or just point and shoot. ( I recomment you play it of your Hard Drive, about 300KB).

Hear For Yourself... Notice Any Difference? I do.

PS: Some people argue that there is about 7 HP gain with that exhaust. And I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

The Toyota Celica GT-S TRD comes with a different exhaust too and it gives it about 8HP gain.

Shoot the rice.. I know. (I won't shoot though, just watch)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet! Thanks guys. I think I'll get it then! Hm, now I have to get a 4motion rear valance too. Ah the joys of car tuning...

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
djvibe-The 4motion rear valence has an opening of about 7.25". I think the 337 tip is a single chrome tip. IMO, the single tip coming out of the 4motion rear valence would not look right. If it where me, I would cut out the space for the exhaust from your stock valence-so it fits a bit nicer, and looks better as well. just an idea.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Now that I got my system on, I've been thinking about the 337 rear, w/ the 3.5" tip, but I don't know how the valence would look on just a factory GTI with no side skirts. How much is the 337 exhaust if you don't mind me askin?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
If your going to get the 337 exhaust I would recommend getting the 337 valances right away. See pic below, makes sense right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

N I C E !!! Makes Pefect Sense, at least to me!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
would look sweet on black too. mmm black 337..

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I think the 337 rear valence is quite expensive. I only mentioned doing it yourself to save you some money. dont know what you can/can't afford. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry guys; was out for a couple days there. Yeah, it definitely makes sense to get the 337 valance; unfortunately the guy who was going to sell it to me already sold it. Grrrr. Anyone know if any online stores sell them? I'd really like to get my hands on one...I love the sound (thanks TF242!) Oh yeah, is the 337 valance pricey? 'cos otherwise I might just do what silvergti said...sounds like a good idea.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts