VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys and gals i see a lot of people with a 4 bar FPR. how does it really help? i have a GIAC chip with stock fuel pressure regulator. Please let me know if there is any added hp.
Thanks

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Far as I know, they are helpful for larger turbos (Ko4). But your software was designed for the stock FPR so I'm not sure what kind of gains, if any, there would be.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Maybe not more horsepower, but I would think of it as a little insurance with a bit more pressure behind the injectors...

I don't really see a downside to having one, especially if you are chipped.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.
where does ot go and how easy is it for install. How much does ot cost and is there a brand that i should be looking for.

Also i did hear or remember reading in one of the forums about have to reinstall FR. because it broke, is that true?

thanks again

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You can get a drop in 4bar fuel pressure regulator which replaces your stock one. There is a metal clip holding the stock one in on the right side of the fuel rail. Remove that and the vacuum hose, and pop in the new one and reconnect both.

The 4bar will give you an added 14.7psi to your fuel pressure. I wouldn't recommend adding one unless you are having problems with running lean as on a close to stock system you will being running rich which can actually decrease hp.

I'd get a friend with a vag-com to log your lambda numbers while running a butt dyno and see what your a/f plot looks like before you spend the money on the fpr.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts