VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the VW's and notice that when you put the car in gear, it seems to be different than most manuals, like...it seems like it has to click into gear or whatever, anyways...my question is, i'm a pretty good driver, i've been driving for about 4 years on manual, so i know how to drive it properly. Every car that i've driven that was stick, i had no problem when i was racing and shifting quick...but in my VW, when i'm shifting from second to third, i deliberatly put the clutch in and hold down before i actually shift...meaning, i make sure the clutch is held before i shift, and i still grind gears occasionally...somehow...i don't understand what's going on??? It seems like VW's have to delicatly be glided into gear, you can't powershift or whatever....

I know every car is different and i probably just have to get used to it...but i just find it weird...anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Up on top right corner of this page there is SEARCH, use it to search this MK4 section for GEAR GRIND and you shall be enlightened.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, looks like this is a common issue for some people...i guess i'll just go to the dealer and talk to my bud....thanks for the info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts