VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 50mm ready to be in!i read in a thread that with the 50mm i loose torque!?the 42 is the best way to go!?why!?or why not!?
stock Golf GTi 16v 1.8l 16V KR K-Jet no cat,no O2 sensor.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Dammit man... JUST DO IT!!! You keep askin... I keep tellin. Put it on.

Here's the Aaron Guarantee... If you don't like the 50mm... send it to me, I'll send you a nice clean 42mm manifold. I'll pay shipping.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
50mm manifold!what else!?!?!?!?any duber should know that!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh silly me! I guess someone has to do his Mk2 homework!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aaron!sorry about keeping on questioning,but i reed on a thread that it would loose power!!i reed it on the Vortex!so,i don't wanna do anything wrong!!!
RafCarre12,

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
Aaron!sorry about keeping on questioning,but i reed on a thread that it would loose power!!i reed it on the Vortex!so,i don't wanna do anything wrong!!!
RafCarre12,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> the vortex isn't always right. i say gor for it. If you don't like it take it back off. simple. and don't flip because some people don't quite understand the older dubs. Just tell him and then he'll learn somthing.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
RafCarre12,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not a problem. I enjoy answering your questions

With the 50mm intake you'll lose a little torque down low, and gain horsepower up high. Most everything is a trade-off. For example, if you were to install a camset, you'd see the same thing. You lose a little torque in the low RPM, and gain horsepower in the high RPM.

If you ever move up to a ported head and cams you'll be even happier you upgraded your intake.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for the informations!
Aaron,if you really enjoy to answer my questions,
,then if you could,and don't mind,give me some more input on the other topic from the CO ajustment

by the way VeeDub,and dubber,stands for...!?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
thx for the informations!
Aaron,if you really enjoy to answer my questions,
,then if you could,and don't mind,give me some more input on the other topic from the CO ajustment

by the way VeeDub,and dubber,stands for...!?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I made the post to ask the same question

Dub?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts