VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my recall letter in the mail this weekend..... apparently we all have defective driver rear wheel wells. Apparently if that tire where to blow we would be picking rubber out of our skulls. So there is a cover I guess that is missing....I will let you all know how it works out...I am not sure if it is for just 97's or Mk3s as a whole....late

·
Registered
12 Posts
well its not defective at all. we are doing the recalls because somewhere down the line some dumbass drove for several miles with a flat tire in the rear, ripping a hole in the filler neck. thats the only reason why.doing it on all the vws, especially the passat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
yeah i got the same letter a few days ago, my sister got the same letter for her mk4 passat...

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I was at my dads over the weekend and he got a letter too.I did not get one yet.I bought my jetta brand new and he bought his from a private seller and he got his first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I took my Diesel in to have it done: it was fast and neat. You can hardly tell and the dealership even cleaned the car for me... Gotta love driving a VW. It's worth the 30 minutes away from our VW's....

·
Registered
29 Posts
is the recall in every state or just certain states? i have a 95 jetta that i bought used do i have to take mine in to get fixed? I live in Vermont.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts