VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, but I've been a VW owner for 5 years now. The VW in question is my first car, a VW Baja Bug, 1600cc Air Cooled Engine. I'm hoping to find an independent mechanic in the San Luis Obispo area willing to work on it for cash. Realized I was having clutch issues a month ago and got it inspected at a shop in San Luis Obispo, VPA Auto. Below is the diagnosis they provided me with.

"We would recommend removing the engine and inspecting the clutch components for the source of the problem. Items to inspect are: clutch disc, pressure plate, release bearing, pilot bearing, clutch cross shaft, transmission main shaft, release bearing tabs on the cross shaft, engagement lever on cross shaft, flywheel for anything worn causing the stiff engagement. Crankshaft seal for leaks, transmission input shaft seal for leaks. Recommend replacing any components that could have excessive wear. Clutch pedal, pedal shaft, clutch cable, and cable bowden tube need to be replaced since they have been compromised from the clutch failed component." Additionally, I'm hoping to get the emergency brake tightened.

If you or someone you know in the San Luis Obispo area would be willing to work on it feel free to reach out by email [email protected].

1 - 1 of 1 Posts