VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, im new to the forum and i just wanted to share my 1974 Super Beetle rebuild project. Its not a total overhall but ive redone a lot of the car. It hadnt run in 22 years but was kept inside for most of that time and only spent this previous winter outside so their is practically no rust or problems from the elements. It was able to start after all that time on starter fluid but now after some engine work runs fine
I replaced the: fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, brake cylinders, master cylinder, brake lines, fuel lines, cleaned the carburettor, new clutch, tires
Im soon to replace the muffler, some steering components, and shifter components to make it smoother and quieter.

I need some help finding good seat cover/padding and carpet, as im not sure what to buy. I plan to buy the interior gear from Mid America Motorworks, but if you know a better site, i would be very appreciative, all help is welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
i too just got a 74 super beetle,i had to replace the pans in mine. have you tried jcwhitney? i got a killer deal on pans threw them and some other odds and end part cheap

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts