VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 rabbit and i have a 2.0 with a 1.8 head and i need to know what wiring harness to use and what other parts before i run into dumb problems.Help me please!!!!!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1meanBunny:
I have an 84 rabbit and i have a 2.0 with a 1.8 head and i need to know what wiring harness to use and what other parts before i run into dumb problems.Help me please!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um... everything that was in your car before will work fine, but just to make sure. What motor did it have before? Is it a GTI?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds good too me it took me a while just to build the motor cause of money pistons r mad expesive

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Just make sure your air flow plate is 80mm and you're set. If it's the smaller 60mm you'll want to find an 80mm replacement.

·
Registered
364 Posts
An 80mm shouldn't be hard to find, you can find them in 83, 84 gti's and gli's, and I'm pretty sure all cis cariolet's from 84. If you can't find one I probably have one in my garage, it was out of one of mk1 gti's I used to have, I'm almost posotive I still have one. It's doing me no good so let me know.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so the stock wiring harness out of the rabbit will work no problems and get the 80 mm air flow thanx man ill get started and let u know Thanks

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Yep

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1meanBunny:
Thanks bro u be THE MAN
p.s what kind of cam do u reccamend
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Solid head: TT 280/276

Hydro head: TT 276

Both really kickass cams. Both should use TT sport valve springs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the bunny is running

shes running but i didnt use the 2.0 cause i sold it for a low miles 1.8 with 14,000 on it and put it in its is as strong as the 2.0 with 140,000 i will eventually get the 2 litre and the big cams i just figure get the handling aspect working cause all 4 struts are shot the springs on it have 4 coils cut the kid who had it before me has it all bosched up. but she runs i eliminated the a/c and p/s,put a tt cam gear,blue ignitors,and denso iradium plugs,msd ignition coil etc removed rear seats and spare got all black interior.and got some stylish 13 inch steels for it.I smoked a honda civic si with work done i was proud.ill repost when the gti big valve head,cam,nitrous,and suspension is on. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts