VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What color should I paint my rocco..there's some body issues so it'll be a nice spray bomb most likely..I was thinking of going with flat black for a little while...Just so its not all...terrible looking...here's pics as it sits.

It looks fine in this one..from a distance.

This second one is what I mainly want to get rid of..some sanding and making it smooth will get rid of that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since i have the before pics here might as well turn this into a repainting my car thread...
Today I sanded down the hood and the roof with 60 grit paper..
Roof to get rid of those nasty rail things that someone failed at fixing..now I've gotta go back in there and make it all smooth and redo what they screwed up

Hood
Hood was in pretty decent condition not too much wrong with it. It looks like two different colors here but thats only because the paint was weird..shotty job...so its all smooth now.

Keep in mind..I purchased this car on sat....3 days ago...lol

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
moving this to the mk2 thread.

just since your doing a paint thread on it now matt

I THINK.. since ur a fruitcake :) you should do a rainbow paint job and get a europlate that says ISPRINKLES

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
homie...I'm not the one who moved it it was...that super smart guy up there...But I can't really tell the paint is so terrible..that's why it looks like i did a bad job. That's the just way it sanded The roof was a pretty even white but the hood was just...no. So I really cant tell..the black paint on there has like an oily tint to it like rainbow oily stuff in it or on it. as I sand through it just looks like black was the color. It goes black then that grey then white then metal.

BTW raining today so no sanding just yet. Got 2 new belts to replaced the one that snapped and the other that was lookin kinda shot turns out the one belt was too short thanks to autozone guy. He helped about as much as a walmart cashier...getting the correct piece today then i should basically be good to go.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
remove the carpet peice in the hatch for the spare. there should be a peice of paper in the spare rire well. it will have all the options listed that came with the car. as well as the paint code. if you can take a pic of it(if there and readable) i can dind out everyrhing about the car.
also why the hell would someone fill in the rain tracks on the roof. makes no sense.
are there any specific colors you like?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
you could rattle can it camo. i did mine desert tan. was fun. got alot of looks. also, notice how your stock bumpers stick way out? you can remove them, cut the brackets back, and drill new holes and mount them. pushed them in alot farther

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not hellbent on any colors. And yea idk what people do..my nova was the same way with random things its like WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT...it looks so much worse...but what ever now i get to play mr. fix it...and i'm a run outside real quick and see if that is still back there...
That?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
pewter grey metallic.
thats what mine was originally too.
you have the 4k tranny. which i think has a longer gear ratio than the 9A which was in mine. at 3000 rpms in 5th gear i would be going 50-55 mph.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well its my get around car..nova's still being worked on some things need sorted out i can't be doin 10 mpg...so i got the rocco

1 - 20 of 35 Posts