VW Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
SWEEET. Here's my sanding photos..finished that for the day..took a few hours but its ready for some primer...note that i did not get some spots..i know..and...i don't care.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
bondo left and right, but not much rust at all few small spots. bondo over the emblem spots and where the hatch keyhole used to be and some random spots that seem to make no sense.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It's "supposed" to run off this little yellow push button but it doesn't even actually latch so it opens with my hand and closes with a wire i wrap around it...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Done doing primer..there were some white spots I simply could not cover..I think its from moister because it's been raining for 2 days. What ever..It's done in like 3 days and horn as well as hatch latch is fixed. I'm ready for inspection.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Fubar, what info do you have on that bumper tuck? that will be my next adventure.
you pull the bumper skins off. remove the bolts holding the bumper to the bumper brackets. cut about an inch off the bracket and test fit. keep cutting until you get them to where you want them. drill new holes and reinstall. ill see if i can find the old thread on vortex some guy made.
here
VWVortex.com - Modified US bumpers
and here
VWVortex.com - Cutting down U S bumpers! What all is involved?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
sounds like the fun will begin after inspection/alignment..all is done minus the exhaust i just have to tie up with something

21 - 35 of 35 Posts