VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the dilemma. i want the drop on my car to be legal but i also what it as low as possible. does anyone know if 85mm all the way around would work on a big bumpers car and whats legal?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
As far as i know there is no law against lowerring of vehicles in pa. My friend has a civic that is literally an inch off the ground. My hand doesn't fit under the car and he's never had a problem. It'll work with big bumpers. But i would go coilovers if you weren't already planning that. Springs and shocks aren't a good idea for that big of a drop. I have a pic i'll find it and post it tomorrow. Are you going to the open house tomorrow.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah im getting fks and they are only 775. no im not going to ap. i gotta work. il dedfinitly be taking a trip up once i get my license

·
Registered
573 Posts
I dunno, 85mm drop all around with big bumpers? Are you leaving the 14" wheels on, or are you getting new ones? If you can pull it off, you'll have to be extra careful not to rub those bumpers down so much.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
This is somone on vortex. 100mm drop with bigs and 15's. A little low but i was told that it's his daily driver. Just gotta be carful.

But hey mine is only like a 60mm drop and i barly clear alot of speed bumps

and another shot

I know i need some new pics. Hopfully soon.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im still getting the fks but i think ill put like 70 on it or something...ill jsut find what i like and what looks good...i post pics of all the heights and then we will see which one gets it..once i get back from nc ill let u all know when they are coming

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vlksgnspeed:
im still getting the fks but i think ill put like 70 on it or something...ill jsut find what i like and what looks good...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

good idea!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh and this is lowlifemike (calgary). Yes, he does drive this daily. If you're gonna go that low, roll the fenders with a Louisville slugger and pull em a tad or you're buyin new rubber every other week.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dreaminginboost:
Oh and this is lowlifemike (calgary). Yes, he does drive this daily. If you're gonna go that low, roll the fenders with a Louisville slugger and pull em a tad or you're buyin new rubber every other week.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i heard that on vortex i was like

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 89jettawolfs:
As far as i know there is no law against lowerring of vehicles in pa. My friend has a civic that is literally an inch off the ground... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 22" rule is applied to the distance between the center of the headlights down to the ground. Not the bottom of car to the ground. Its not something that is really enforced but it is definitely something that a cop can hassle you over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
yea i saw him on vortex.com too his screen name is lowlifemike. and it's not really that low he admited to me that he p-chopped it to look that low , but to tellyou the truth i havent seen any that low and, i mean i wouldent want it that low because when your chasie is that low it can be right dangerous i seen a guy he had a slammed civic and he was flying down the street and dident slow down to go over a big speed bump and it busted his gas tank and it caught his whole car on fire and burnt it right to the ground !!! so in a way it looks awsome but it not safe to drive around the streets with it like that , but if your just using it for just the str8 away "track" then id say go for it ..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Hey guys, I think I'm getting my drops/measurements mixed up. How much does the H&R Cup Kit lower the vehicle? I was thinking a very modest job (nothing over 1.5" drop), but forgot if that was the kit I was thinking of getting.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dreaminginboost:
Poly control arm bushings and vr strut bearings...don't forget how weak our oil pans are-skidplate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree. I drive in york quite a bit, and anyone in central pa knows how shitty the roads are. I drive a mk4 gti w/ approx 1.5" drop all around, and scrape my oil pan, am not able to go through some auto car washes, or be able to go on a center mounted lift at garages, all because of my lowness-and 1.5" ISN'T low. just becareful how low you go. btw, my next mod (a must), is a rally skid plate. best...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts