VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Golf Gl (1.8 8v) and my friend is junking his 1986 GTI. I was hoping to get some parts off of his car but I dont know what will fit. Below is a list of what I want, and if anyone knows if this or other stuff will work (or is something i should look into taking), please give me a heads up!

Wheels
Steering Wheel
Cat Back Exaust
Fuel pump
Spark plug wires
Roof liner

[ November 28, 2003: Message edited by: vw914 ]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the fuel pumps I'm 99.9% sure are different but everything else will work. All body parts(except bumpers and trim) are the same, and all the interior stuff is interchangable(spelling).

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Steering wheel wont fit, fuel pump wont fit. Everything else on your list will. Can't really think of a whole lot else since your car is actually the nicer of the two.

The rear disc brakes would be a good choice as well. Also the rear spoiler and the rear glass (since you have to have the glass to fit the spoiler).

If it has matched locks with a key it's a good bet to grab them all since you never know when you might need a set.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
Steering wheel wont fit, fuel pump wont fit. Everything else on your list will. Can't really think of a whole lot else since your car is actually the nicer of the two.

The rear disc brakes would be a good choice as well. Also the rear spoiler and the rear glass (since you have to have the glass to fit the spoiler).

If it has matched locks with a key it's a good bet to grab them all since you never know when you might need a set.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah i forgot they changed the steering wheel shaft in the later model mk2's. My bad.

G

·
0 Posts
u have to get a kit for the the steering wheel the shaft is much bigger but everything will fit...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hrm,
Spoiler, never thought of that, and where would i find this steering wheel kit? Thanks for all the help so far!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts