VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On vacation in FL and came accross a 91 GTI I opened the hood expecting a 16V and found a 8V. Did VW put out a 8V GTI in 91?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
News to me, the only 8v i thought was the 1.8l , but ur talking about the 2.0 8v's im guessing. Far as i knonw they didn't, but i'm gonna take his word on that

Yes people do swap the OBDI & II into mk2's Tim did it here in york

Learn something new everyday

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Yes the motor is a 1.8 8valve.Not a 2.0 8v.In 1991 and 1992 they use only 16v in the 2.0 gti's.I hope this helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought this guy had just place GTI badges on his car. Thanks again for the info.Did those GTI's come with recaro seats.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zigzag1:
I thought this guy had just place GTI badges on his car. Thanks again for the info.Did those GTI's come with recaro seats.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

no. the recaro's only came in 16v cars.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zigzag1:
I thought this guy had just place GTI badges on his car. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No... VW did it for him. Late 8v MK2 GTI didn't even get rear disc brakes in many cases. They were an appearance package and were usually slower than the base model cars.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
No... VW did it for him. Late 8v MK2 GTI didn't even get rear disc brakes in many cases. They were an appearance package and were usually slower than the base model cars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't they all come with the dual outlet manifold though. I think thta was one thing they had better then the golf gl, besides like you said apearance stuff(quad rounds, wheels and gti badges)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts