VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a GTI from this guy at my work and he has two GTI's for sale. I was wondering if one year is better than the other or if it is basicly the same? He is asking $2,500 for the '91 and $3,000 for the '92 since it does have new shocks and springs. I was thinking about swapping the 1.8 8valve engine for a 1.8T but I'm not too sure if the possible problems are worth it, any suggestions? I don't believe the '91 is a Wolfsburg, but I will have to check into it later. Which would you guys choose based off of just that info?

Synthogen

·
Registered
4 Posts
they are both the same car sans a few buttons and maybe power opt. the turbo swap seem like it would be lots of loot go with the 16vaulve or the vr6 conv. seems to be popular. but buy the one with the least amount of rust [if this applies]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Same exact car if they have the same engine and same trim. if that is your case, go with less miles or better running engine. also, have a mechanic check them both out. wont be too much and it will save a lot of $ in the long run!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, thanx for everything. I already have a hookup for checking the cars previous history(my dad works for an auto fraud investigation company, so all i need is the vin and I can get ALL info for the car and past and current owners.)

Oh, and by the way! I live in Southern California so rust doesn't really apply here. More worried about the car being buried in a mudslide or a building falling on it from an earthquake than rust.
Not to mention the possiblity of it being stolen.

Synthogen

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: Synthogen ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts