VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 jetta block and head for sale if ur interested in it let me know tryin to get.

block and head-200$ obo
block only-120$0b0
head only-100$obo

·
Registered
180 Posts
the stuffs in good condition man... its got about 100,000 miles on it... he also has all the manifolds and compressors... all the gaskets have been replaced as well... its a steal for $200

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah man the stuff is in really good condition and i need to get it out of my way for my conversion im doing.its had about 100,000 miles on it and i will gove u everything u need to have it in and running.all u will need is the oil filter adapter.let me know if u r interested. or call 717-269-1250

·
Registered
2 Posts
??? are all 1.8 8 valve motors the same in v.w. or are the gti and jetta motors different. heads blocks all the same? thinks for info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
evrything is the same with all older vws and if it dont fit u can do alittle customization and it will fit and yes the engine will fit in ur 85

·
Registered
52 Posts
actually a GTI/GLI motor is different from other MKII VWs. The GTI/GLI 8v came with a PF engine code, 105hp vs, the RV engine in the GL or base model putting out around 97hp. You might want to check the engine code out since some GL's came with PF engines.

Any 8v motor will fit in any 8v car, in the case of the 85 jetta, you will need a digifant fuel system to run with a 92 head. It won't work with your CIS injection that an 85 came with. They are different in a few different ways.

But 200$ for a vw engine with 100,000 miles on it is a steal. VW's break in at about 100,000...

[ November 11, 2002: Message edited by: Brandon ]

·
Registered
96 Posts
only diffrence is the hi compression vs the low compression....you can acieve the same motor simply by putting a knock sensor on and grinding the head a little, if that engine is still for sale please email me at [email protected] thnaks man and have a good one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts