VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the great opportunite to purchase a 92 volkswagen passat with the 2.0 16v. it runs mean and actually beats most of the little civic and integras in my area. i have done a engine swap with a lower mileage engine, water pump, clutch kit, linkages, all new belt, ac r134a, and now i plan on doing some low budget mods on it. I have removed the resonator, and the first exhaust, and also have 16 miglia spider 2 on it. i don't know what else to do. i am planning on buy a set of 19s from a friend for hahas for cheap will they fit? and is there any way for me to rig up a intake system for this thing?lol thanx

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
If I were you, I wouldn't go for 19s. Bigger wheels=slower cars usually. Tires are a lot more expensive the larger you go too. Stick with a smaller size wheel/tire combo. Post some pictures on the showoff section, and see what type of wheels some people suggest. I would check at parts4vws.com for your intake. They have a lot of stuff there. also check the pull down menus on the vwforum homepage for "Tuning and Parts"

good luck. and welcome to the VWF!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TailpipeSmokeshow:
stick with the wheels you already have. Use the money you would spend on the 19's for something more useful!

Car sounds good by the way, i always liked the look of them. Do you have the spoiler on the trunk? I saw a picture of one without it and it made it look like a newer model, almost audi-ish!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
499 Posts
stick with the wheels you already have. Use the money you would spend on the 19's for something more useful!

Car sounds good by the way, i always liked the look of them. Do you have the spoiler on the trunk? I saw a picture of one without it and it made it look like a newer model, almost audi-ish!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i checked out that site parts 4 vw and i still cant find any time of intake sytem besides the drop in are filter. i think i am going to remove the air box and try to but a cone filter or sumthing there just to see if it make a difference. And about the 19s the a hole sold them already so that isn't going to happen. i also need some help finding the relay switch for the cooling fans the thing freakin over heated on me the other day and now i have to keep the ac on. o yeah and i do have a spoiler on my car i got put the stock spoiler on it since the cl model didn't some with it, and another thing lol, those hondas and acuras are already getting beat well only the ones that want to pull up. most of them dont when they see a 4 door vx spining them up all the way past 3rd gear with no e-brake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts