VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a 94 Jetta 2.0 5 speed 119,000 and I have a check engine light on with the codes 2113 and 2111. I will just start it and get the codes. Is there a way to test the hall sensor to see if it is bad?

Thanks in advance

Jetta 2.0

·
Registered
151 Posts
first off, have you tried clearing the codes? if not try that and see if they come back.

secondly:
quote from mcrow answer the same question on another thread:

Remove fuse 18 from the fuse panel then disconnect the harness and test the 2 outer terminals of the harness with the ignition on. Should be a minimum of 4 volts.

If these voltage, reconnect the harness and peel back the protective boot on the harness so you can get to the wires going into the connector. Put your LED test light to the center terminal and to either of the outer terminals. Then try to start the car, the LED should light up.

Also check that your rotor is making contact with all the cap terminals, these all wear overtime. If its not making solid contact with these cap terminals due to wear or carbon deposits you wont get good spark to those cylinders.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the Hall sender and the Engine speed sender the same sensor? So far I was told by a friend of mine to disconnect the distributor and well after I did it, still runs but not as good for performance? I will check the voltage. what happens if I am not getting 4 volts? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am getting the voltage. I was trying to look for a part for the speed sensor at the local parts store but all they can come with is the vss. Any help for the speed sensor (rpm)? I know whereand what the hall sensor is.
Jetta 2.0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts