VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine comes on periodicly from time to time. but i also have a cai and computer chip on my car which i think most likely triggers it to come on every once and a while. my car still runs fine. do u see any difference while driving since the light has come on? do u have any modifications to your car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi TNP.
Thanks for the response.
I don't have any mods on the car. It's stock. When the light comes on, it starts to miss a bit and loose power - usually over 3000RPM. But it did come on once at idle with no difference in the way it runs. Weird..
I can't figure out what makes it come on. It's very intermittent, but seems to happen at least once a day, and after the car is warmed up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
My 95 Jetta engine light comes on sometimes - usually when driving 70 or 80, then it goes off after I floor it.
The manual says the light (also called the Malfunction Indicator Light MIL) is supposed to 'blink' to display a code that can be traced to the problem component. This way you don't have to buy or find someone with VAG-COM software and connectors to diagnose the car.

Does anybody know how to make the MIL light display this code? I turn on the ignition and it just stays on until I start the car.

Thanks for the help!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts