VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Forgot to make note of wire locations on starter motor before swaping it out with the new (reman)(warnty)(parts store) starter. Old starter from same parts store as new starter. New starter hooked up but brain dead on correct wiring from alternator to starter to battery. Alternator has a post labled B+ with heavy insulated wire connected and aiming for the starter; Battery positive has heavy wire aiming for the starter; starter has 3 terminals subtract 1 for the quick connect leaving 2 terminals one which looks more receptive than the other. Can post engine pictures if need be, where do the B+ alternator wire and Battery positive wire connect to on the starter? Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So its day 5 of having the new starter installed correctly but wiring perhaps incorrectly, it appears I have the Battery+ wire in front of the B+ alternator wire both connected on the starter to the same terminal. Dont know if this is correct, do know that I just bought a new ignition switch, spent 10 min round trip disconnecting various wires behind the steering wheel, almost triggerd the airbag deployment system, pryed that old worn ignition switch out and slapped in the new one, reconnected the battery and nothing, just a single click from the assortment of relays now of which Im wondering if that little black box I threw out a couple months ago was from the relay pannel, damnit, runs great though! Thinking about going and buying every relay for every open location just to see what happens. Any suggestions or concepts would be damn well appreciated. Now if i could just get it started....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hay u can start ur car by turning ur key to the starting position and leave it there. Now get a screwdriver or a 12ga. Wire and touch the 2 screws on the starter were the cables are pluged at there will be a spark, but dont get scared keep holding the cable or scresdriver what ever u used there. Your car will start. That is because u are passing power directly from the 🔋into the starter so when its on remove the screw driver and ready to drive.👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts