VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have some problems on my '96 jetta GLS (2.0 with automatic transmission). When I engage a driving gear the RPM drops and the car shakes like crazy (most of the times, the engine dies after a couple seconds). I had the transmission rebuilt, but it still does it. Does anyone have any idea if it's transmission related or not?
I don't know what else it could be (I changed the catalytic converter, braks pads + rotors, cleaned the throttle body... I'm totally out of ideas.

·
Registered
526 Posts
maybe something flywheel related i could be wrong...if u had the tranny rebuilt then thats not it. try having someone who really knows the 2.0 look at it

·
Registered
182 Posts
Rebuilding the Automatic isn't bvery easy because there are so many different versions...and the parts are so expensive...the Computer sensor assembly is $1400 from the dealership...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tell me about it... delar told me $4500 quote. I got my transmission done for $2800... still expensive, and not running properly...
By the way, someone told me that every time the automatic trans is rebuilt (on my vw) an engine / transmission synchronization has to be done from the ECU (supposably from a dealer). Yesterday I asked a mechanic about that and he said that does not exist in VW, only in BMW cars? Anyone know about this. If it's true, it might be the answer to my problems.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had to get a used transmission that was out of a '95 Cabrio to match with my engine...and I didn't have to have that done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I still didn't solve the problem, but a OBD scanner gives me an undocumented code 1426. Does anyone have any idea what that might be from. It has to be something either with the vacuum, or fuel distribution...but I wasn't able to figure out what it was exatly.
It's not transmission related after all (I think).
Peace. CmM

·
Registered
71 Posts
is your evap canister connected to your manifold. its that little bronze thing above where your intake tube connects to ur manifold.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts