VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a 96 AAZ Jetta Gl Turbo Diesel that i just had my head rebuilt after the timing belt let go . i put the head on last night n buttoned it all up .. i had to use quick start to get it goin but when the choke lever is all the way in it wont run right and just puff white smoke but when you pull it out it will run alot better but will usually stall with in 5 mins .i know the choke as its call just adjusts the timing in the fuel pump also i see there is some air in the fuel lines and when it comes around it sputters but why would it be running so ruff when it is getting all fuel . i had it up to operation temperature but as soon as i push the choke back in she smokes white bucks sputters then stalls .. iam wondering if any one has come across this or what it could be. iam thinking maybe injectors or timing? any help on this would be great .. thanks :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
white smoke means a something with the header... i thought thats what my dad told me =/ means you got a leak i think and idk how your getting air in the fuel line. but that isnt always the issue =/ his truck was blowing out white smoke till he changed the fuel filter. he has a f350 turbo Diesel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts