VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Just purchased this fine automobile a couple of days ago and couldn't be happier. Just got a couple of questions regarding the car if anyone could answer it would be greatly appreaciated. First, is it possible to throw a VR6 engine of the same year or older into it? Would it require a lot of work and is it really worth it? Secondly the anti theft device is enabled on my HU and I am having a hell of a time getting it out to grab the s/n so i can contact VW and get the SAFE code, anyone who has removed the deck with any sugs would be greatly appreaciated as i am going crazy listening to the sound of the engine hum while i'm driving.
Thanks
C

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: apethy ]

[ February 17, 2003: Message edited by: apethy ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
VR6 swaps can be done especailly with your model and make. It is a chunk of work but the results are well worth it. My question right off that bat is why did you even buy a 2.0 if you wanted a VR6? I would of just skipped the whole step.

As to get your security code, check to make sure they didn't write it down anywhere in the manual. Should be a 4 digit number. Unfortuntly the only way I know how to get it is from the dealer.

Best!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there,
Thanks for the response, reason i purchased the 4cyl rather than the vr6 is that the price was right and the car is _mint_. I just purchased it so im not too serious about the swap as of yet, but i was just curious. Any links on the swap? Just kinda gathering info atm.
thanks again
c

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
To put in a vr6 you are looking at atleast 5000.00 smackers.It is alot of work and time.I would rather put a turbo on your 2.0 .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts