VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully i'm posting this in the correct spot.

TL;DR dash removal instructions, mainly passenger airbag. Have wiring diagrams. Just need the best method for taking this project on.

I'm pretty sure a cracked heater coil (now bypassed) causing coolant/steam to flow in behind my dashboard has caused a short somewhere along the lines. Speedometer is intermittent, same with tach. Door ajar alarms crackles ever now and again. One of my oil pressure sensors goes wonky in between 2/3k rpms. Figured i'd take out the dash entirely to do some nice clean wiring work and give the interior a nice scrubdown. I can find videos for everything else under the sun but no information about taking out the interior component housing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Try not to dive too deep

It's a heater "Core" that you are referring to, ( for parts ordering purposes the component name helps). And the speedo/tach intermittent inop issue is actually quite a common one. Not sure what you need exactly along the lines of advice but grabbing a chiltons manual might be a good start. the instrument cluster R&R is a snap, the heater core isn't so bad either just be careful about accidental airbag deployment. Those things will REALLY hurt you if you're not careful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts