VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any benefits for me to get on on my vehicle? im just curious on what people think and i can never find anything online. thanks for the read and if possible maybe send me a link where to get one or how to make them. thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha good. im glad cuz i didnt want to spend the money. you have suggestions to just make the 2.0 better overall?

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
haha good. im glad cuz i didnt want to spend the money. you have suggestions to just make the 2.0 better overall?
Intake, exhaust, cam, chip. In that order since you can have a chip programmed to the camshaft. I dont have a cam yet but have a reprogrammable chip. Its not fast but its enough for very little money.

·
Registered
137 Posts
if you want to have fun driving it and not be disappointed with performance-per-dollar give it a tuneup and upgrade the suspension with raceland ultimos first (400 bucks) and get some new tie rods, ball joints, etc from german auto parts for cheap and upgrade cam, exhaust, etc as you save your pennies after

between a camshaft, exhaust, etc you're out well over 1k in parts alone and you'll be upset when you don't really outrun anybody you pull up next to at a light - with ultimos and good tires you can take corners pretty much sideways its great

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Your not going to be outrunning anybody in a VR6 either with the cars on the roads these days. These cars handle terrible, they are big and bloated. A set of cheap raceland coilovers wont improve that much (no offence), they just go low for cheap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your not going to be outrunning anybody in a VR6 either with the cars on the roads these days. These cars handle terrible, they are big and bloated. A set of cheap raceland coilovers wont improve that much (no offence), they just go low for cheap.

im not gonna make it fast. i dont want to do anything like that. its my daily and i wanna keep it as efficient for driving everywhere as possible. im gonna lower it a bit but not to much. just enough to look decent. if i want a car to go fast and handle good imma get something else.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
Yep vr6s are good motors but the mk3 2.0s have potential too. My srt got walked by a boosted 2.0. My car pulls 13.5s-12.9s so that is pretty impressive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts