VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to look at a 99 VW Jetta VR6 ( GLS), but before I take a look and test drive it. I have a few Question,
1) Since this is a new model, what sort of problems should I look for that might be promblematic
2) Should the night light in the interior be blue and red like the newer models?
3) Since this is a VR6 should it have the CLIMATRONIC AIR CONDITIONING or just the stand climax control?

Any addition info you can provide me would be most helpful to a new VW driver. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by WooYing:
climax<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha...climax

Sorry, had to get that in there.

Well all of these questions depends, is it a 99 or a 99.5 (Basically is it an MKIII [older body style] or MKIV[New body style])? All MKIV's should have the blue and red guages, but I don't think MKIII's do. As far as problems go, the window regulators give everyone problems, but there's a good chance they've been fixed if it is the MKIV. If it's the MKIII you don't have to worry about it.

Hope I helped!

Oh yeah, WELCOME TO VWF!

·
Registered
324 Posts
ok, blue and red gauges didnt; become a standard option untill 2000 models before that it was a hundred dollar option. The GLS in 99 did NOT have climatronic it only came on the GLX until 2002 models where it became an option on the GLS. Hope this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts