VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am on my second Passat. We loved the first, but it became a money pit once the oil problems started and VW of said that it was outside the milage limit for the recall. I now have an 03' Passat GLX 2.8L V6 (Purchased March '11). It was super awesome for about the first month. Then we began hearing the suspension, the windows stopped working, the smell of burning oil became intense, ext... Apparently someone fixed this thing up to sell. Needless to say, I'm frustrated. About 2 months ago the car become disfunctional. Since then, I have replaced the spark plugs (NKG's), the ICM, and had new flex pipes installed. I know that the valve cover gaskets need replacing (spark plug #3 was completely covered in oil). Currently the car runs great and seems to have all of its power back; however, I am getting about 15mpg rather that 28ish. I still hear a slight "hissing" sound upon acceleration. I have read several threads that lead me to several different starting points. I am hoping to get a slightly narrowed idea of where to start and possible problems.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts