Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good:
It was a good showing, I had fun, York lost kickball again, but it was damn close. Kickball was fucking funny, I laughed my ass off all day

The bad:
Bugs, Location, some awards, raffle

The location cant stay there or I for one cannot return, my oil temp was 280 the entire way home after slaming my car onto all kinds of shit over and over. Speedbumps and gravel are just shitty. I'd love to see it back at longs park, or even here in York at longlevel (free).
And was everyone that won an award even a member?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
i was a little upset that i couldnt go. i would also like to see it back at longs park. thats a great idea dakoda at long level. its free and right by the water. i cant wait till next year hopefully we will win in kickball and hopefully my car will be even better

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
I dont think the location should be moved to York. I think half the point of db picking that location is that it is a central location for most people on this site. and who cares if some of the people that got awards werent members, it was a gtg for everyone, not just the forum

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eurotrashed said:
I dont think the location should be moved to York. I think half the point of db picking that location is that it is a central location for most people on this site. and who cares if some of the people that got awards werent members, it was a gtg for everyone, not just the forum
No it is "vwforum.com" One giant GTG 3rd anual... We dont post on vortex and shit about it, do we? I'm just saying, its a little fucked up if soemone can come in for one day and just walk away with some awards.

Location in center or everything, thats fine, but for a damn carshow, those roads will not do. Anybody that is low will agree. Longs park, DB told us that we will switch back and forth every year and we have yet to do it...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I thought it was fine, I mean everybody paid and it all benfits charity so whats it matter? Whatever, I mean look at mike and joes cars crazy low and they where fine hell mikes car drug for like 5 feet when he pulled in, and he was very low and won that prize, Let's leave the drama elsewhere, but anyways props to DB for a great little show/GTG! :wink:

·
Registered
115 Posts
seriously im not trying to start stuff but get over it, it was for a good cause. i honastly think that anyone willing to show up and drop 10 bucks to show should be able to win whatever. its a show. they paid to show they can win. its vwforum hosting a gtg. not vwforum only gtgl..i didnt see "members" only..

and how does gravel and bumps make your oil temp run hot. lets face it im sure me and mikes undercarrage are MUCH lower than yours and we only scraped pulling in to the stone area.. you can go around speedbumps you know.

i think the location is dope. its out of the way yet close. its secluded and fits the show well. its a gtg its more of fun that anything and its for a good cause, thats all that needs to be remembered

·
Registered
57 Posts
98a4 said:
No it is "vwforum.com" One giant GTG 3rd anual... We dont post on vortex and shit about it, do we? I'm just saying, its a little fucked up if soemone can come in for one day and just walk away with some awards.

Location in center or everything, thats fine, but for a damn carshow, those roads will not do. Anybody that is low will agree. Longs park, DB told us that we will switch back and forth every year and we have yet to do it...
Get over yourself already...how narrowminded can you be to say that only VWF people should win awards. If you got beat, make your car better if winning awards is so important to you. If you think the location sucked...then why don't YOU organize a show, awards, pay the reservation for the park, bring food, make shirts, put together an auction, etc. Do it all on your own. After your show goes off without a hitch, and every single person was happy with the show YOU put on, you may bitch about other peoples shows. :roll: How hard is it to just be thankful for a change?

·
Registered
473 Posts
98a4 said:
eurotrashed said:

I don't intend to jump on the band wagon with this post, but I will anyway.

I have watched you for years bitch, moan, and complain about damn near everything pertaining to this site. I simply don't understand why you bother because it must make your life so frustrating to be in this scene. Ever since "your" precious York GTG's went south your atittude has been pretty lame.

I hope those that won awards did so because their cars were great - and because they deserved it. I didn't see anywhere on the flyer where it said "membership required?" Obviously they heard about it from someone on the site (although I do recall it is on Vortex in the MA). In turn this site (and that show) was intended to bring new users to the board and expand the overall community. Get over yourself...

And sorry I missed it, I wish I could have been there - this is a really fun show because of the people who put it on...

** edit oh yeah...where the F re the pics?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
While everyone is bashing Dakota. I do agree with him on somethings. Dave did mention at the first VWF GTG that it would switch back and forth. But I'm sure with Dave's baby situtation that it was impossibe to come down to Longs Park and set things up. I thought both places are nice but as each year passes the show will get bigger. I remember Longs Park being crowded. Maybe that was due to the fact that we had to split a pavilion. Yes the speed bumps at Levitz Park are bad for some people. So each place has its pros and cons.

This GTG is open to anyone with a VW, or other car in fact. Anyone that can appreciate our fine german engineered machines. If it was "exclusively" to VWF members then I dont think we would hand out flyers at shows like Waterfest, H20, and Super Jam. That the meaning of being here, to recuit new people.

At every show there are always people pissed off about something. This went to a good cause. If anything you should be have went home with some happy memories and beat-red face :oops:

I cant say much cause I wasnt there this year.

odie said:
then why don't YOU organize a show, awards, pay the reservation for the park, bring food, make shirts, put together an auction, etc. Do it all on your own. After your show goes off without a hitch, and every single person was happy with the show YOU put on, you may bitch about other peoples shows. How hard is it to just be thankful for a change?...
Dakota was pretty much the organizer the first year. I came up with the idea and then Dave told me to run with it. Dakota mentioned Longs park, he set up everything with the park and what not. Which by the way, went good for a first year show.

Be nice people, dont make me lock this b**ch

bring on the pics

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought it was a great little GTG. I like the smaller more informal GTG's. Oh and i'm proud of my "shocker" award. Although now if i tell someone i won "the Shocker" award they have a weird expression on their face and they seem very confused about what the shocker award would be for. Thanks to VWforum for putting on a great time. Looking forward to next year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought I'd stop by and let you know I thought it was a great GTG / Show. I thought everything was prefect and went off without a hitch. Great venue, Great food, Awesome cars, and mosty Good people. Can't wait 'till next year. :thumbup:

-the gtg cook :)

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool...

Mike is low as well as terror and alot of other people. But I'm almost positive that under my car is lower then most of them, mabye not.(<3 mike and terror) No one tanks us for moving the bolder at the first speedbump? Either way, I had fun, It was a good time, but I just had a few comments, no need to say "get over yourself" or bash me. Half our members are cool as shit, the other half are tools.

As for thinking it was VWF only, My mistake, no big deal at all, I was just under the wrong impression because this is the first year that we have had more then a handful of non members come. My mistake and I will say I'm sorry for thinking that.

Jason is correct, I had a huge part in the first gtg, I paid for the pavilion, set the reservations and dates, posted directions, ect. I think kickball was my idea also. First year was great, as were the last 2 that Dave has solely setup. I've worked h20 the past 2 years also, from setup to judging, to admissions, ect. H20 goes off without a hitch. I'm not new to the behind the scenes of carshows.

But the personal attacks are out of line. I do not bitch about the froum itself ever, I bitch about the r3tarded people on it. But for every pointless post I have, I have 2x with useful information. I've answered questions for most people on these boards. So as far as I'm concerned, the majority of you bitching about me, I have yet to see more then a few inteligent post.

</3 you assholes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
well i assure you by our oil leaks that terror and myself cannot get a cell phone(laying flat down as if it were on a table) under our drain plugs

im not bashing you at all nor was that my intention but i fail to see how scrapeing anything makes your oil temp go up? esp if you were only scraped a few times in the park itself.

also im not sure what the avg oil temp in you car is but mine runs 212-230 but ive never seen scrapeing anything affect the actual temp?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jetta666ick said:
well i assure you by our oil leaks that terror and myself cannot get a cell phone(laying flat down as if it were on a table) under our drain plugs

im not bashing you at all nor was that my intention but i fail to see how scrapeing anything makes your oil temp go up? esp if you were only scraped a few times in the park itself.

also im not sure what the avg oil temp in you car is but mine runs 212-230 but ive never seen scrapeing anything affect the actual temp?
Nothing personal against you or terror or anything like that just so you understand.

Oil temp rises when there is less volume of oil to keep the motor cool. Norm temp for the a4 is 225-245ish, I was running above ~280 wich is 2 lines away from my red overheat. I smelled the hot motor and oil while driving home. I bottomed out the car in order for the person behind me to see sparks at 10:30am going 70+mph at WOT. I scraped alot more then a few times and I could care less aobut my lip, its under my car im worried about... Just saying, wouldnt we rather have it at a place that we didnt need to risk our cars

·
Registered
115 Posts
i understand that but are you saying you busted your pan on the way there or something? why not just top off the oil or carry some with you.. honastly if your car is that low you should have some with you incase you need to move the car off the road if you damage something

the only reason i questioned it is because you seemed to blame your oil issue on the park..the roads i took there werent too bad but i assuem you saying some of the roads going there and back sucked. but that going to be the same no matter where you move the show.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Roads comming into the park werent horrible, but for anybody that heard me going up the hill to leave I drug the car for like 10 feet. I checked my pan, theres a small puddle under it, size of my fist, so I'm hoping it wont blead completely out. The road right before the park had those bumps/ditches int he road and that is what I sparked on. No big deal. I knew I wouldnt win lowest, No time to lower the car, girlfriend(ex as of monday) wrecked her car, manager at work passed away for no reason the night before. Just had a bad day, but I did have fun at the gtg, I knew I had only a slight chance of winning and wasnt really to upset by that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys I just wanted to say that I had a great time at the gtg and met a few cool dubbers. :K: I have to be honest but I felt out of place (kinda like the new kid at school) as it seemed most of you were good friends with each other but no big deal. I was down in the lancaster area this past weekend and figured it would be cool to met a few dubbers from the surrounding area. Watching the kickball game and seeing some nice dubs made the trip all worth while. I walked away with the hawkest engine award and was very suprised I was db's pick for best of show considering I had a small ding by the passengers rear quarter and had quite a few dead bugs on my front bumper from the ride down.

Here are a few pics of my car.

Dyno Video - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKY6z2Om7Y

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
cyaneye said:
98a4 said:
</3 you assholes.
Thanks for proving my point. :K:
You might have proved one of your points wrong, but he proved the others in his favor. As well as Jason proving them wrong too. As stated, Dakoda was a big part of the first GTG. HE paid for the park reservation. Let's see here, at the time 16-17 year old Dakoda paying for the Park registration, organizing times and such. I give that props. You however, bashing him for things you don't even know about :y: Where were you Saturday? I don't think I noticed you hanging around?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.