VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all; I just came home w/ a large adrenaline rush...two Audi A4's started racing me on the highway, one was a 2.8 quattro, the other a 1.8t. So we get to 130 and I backed off because I really don't like sitting in jail; either way it was damn fun, I beat the 1.8t but I got kicked by the 2.8; just a question; anyone know how much HP those 2.8's have? Or how fast they are? Are they the same or faster than VR6es?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know what you mean, db. Yea, i race but not up to 130!!! Just this week i killed a Ford SHO (mid-late 90's) then a Sentra R and Eclipse (new style) tried ganging up on me but they can't handle the power or dub. they both did the fly-by after i stoped at 80.
jon

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, this insane speeding isn't an everyday occurence. I was sweating balls afterwards, I've never gone that fast before. Usually I let go at 80, since that's the reckless driving limit here in good ol' VA. Thanks for the A4 specs, I suppose the bigger engine does better at higher speeds.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I had my Jetta up to 235KM/h on about 3 occassions now. One time with my mother-in-law in the car... trust me that was funny.

I raced a 2003 Civic, when I pulled into the gas stop, he followed me in and asked me how much power my car had. I said "Obviously more then yours..." as a joke though, he laughed and gave me a flyer of an Import Meet. I never went there though.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
they both did the fly-by after i stoped at 80.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, gotta love those!!! What sucks though, is you know they went and told all their friends that they blew away a 1.8T VW and went flying by you like you were sittin still all because you had em beat so you shut it off, gotta love those guys. There was one guy here that has a Civic Si, like '97, and I handed him his @$$ one night. A couple of days later, a friend of mine that knew him called him and said "so I hear you got beat by a VW" and he told him "nah, I spanked him." Then my friend goes, "I have the dude sittin right here, wanna talk to him about it?" The other guy hung up on my friend...

Oh yeah, and be careful, we don't need to hold our first ever VWF memoral thread in honor of....well anyone!!!

[ December 28, 2002: Message edited by: V33dub_GTI ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I raced an accord coupe V6 the other day. I apparently have the exact same power as he does, cause the only time I gained on him was when we shifted. We sat neck n neck until 80. I dropped off, and he did right after. We stopped at jack in the crack and said hi afterwards.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Whats your hp?? 150 or 180?? also do you have a chip?? it's not that i doubt you, i'm just wondering cause i never had the chance to run against one
jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
150h.p. nothin done to it. My brother was supposed to get me a k&n for christmas, but he got laid off, so its been delayed. Im still in Grad school, so I dont have any spare money for modding yet, but that all changes in May.....

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
yea, this was the last generation accord, not the new one. But Im glad my 1.8 can keep up with a V6, that makes me all tingly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
[QB]I had my Jetta up to 235KM/h on about 3 occassions now. One time with my mother-in-law in the car... trust me that was funny.
QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For us yanks that's ~146 mph = pretty fast...

I've had mine to 125 mph (201 km/h) once with no drama (even in sixth, it has plenty of pull), but I'm not about to go that fast again anytime soon. Eventually when it's chipped I guess I'll have to take it up past the old limiter at least once.

But damn, though, my mom freaks when I go 7 mph over, or if I don't stop for yellow lights, but that's a different story...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I don't know if you remember the Aluminum wing I used to have? But once I've put that on I had hard time to go past 210KM/h.

I am going to get the nice Rieger Tuning wing in the summer, so the Aluminum crap is just paper weight in my room.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Woot woot, I love straight, long, backwoods highways!!! Finally bounced mine off the speed limitor (135 mph) and it drove suprisingly well at that pace.

Of course, dropping back down to 75 seems extremely slow after that.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
hey TF,
can you translate your speeds? I know its on my speedometer, but I'm at work and I can't get out right now. heheheh
silly canadians. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by butang:
For us yanks that's ~146 mph = pretty fast...

I've had mine to 125 mph (201 km/h) once with no drama (even in sixth, it has plenty of pull
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

here ya go

jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I hope you guys don't think I am bullshitting. I swear I can easily go up to 225-235 KM/h in my Jetta. For you SilverGTI just devide by 1.6 to get MPh. 140-146. If I had a DV I would record it. However I got my Camcorder 1 year before DV took off and until it dies I ain't replacing a perfectly good Cam.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'll have to put my gps on next time i stretch out her legs and see what it records.

jon

·
Registered
60 Posts
Coming back to the initial question of the A4's hp, the 2.8 has 190hp, doesn't it? Same engine (the block, anyways) as the Passat's V6?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts