VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 GTI 2.0T I traded in a BMW 650i Convertible and bought this. Not even ashamed to say it. I love driving this car, Everyone hates it, but I just can't get enough of it. I hated the original wheels so I picked up a set of Golf R wheels off craigs list for 500$. Added a couple strips of LEDS lights under the front bumper too. Me being me I start to research.
I see from APR's 2.0 TSI ECU Upgrade. The APR Stage I ECU Upgrade gives you higher peak numbers of 255 HP/289 FT-LBS of torque on 93 (R+M)/2 octane without any hardware modifications, ECU Upgrade is the best power per dollar modification for the new 2.0T and gives it just the extra edge these cars lack from the factory without pushing the limits. With factory-like smoothness and drive-ability, Far cry from the stock 200HP. And you don't have to pay $10K more, to get the same thing from the GOLF (R). Not knocking the R until you talk about the traction control that doesn't let you DRIVE your car. In testing it was beat by FORD. WHAT?
But now I have the Emissions pump error P2400. Dealer gets to fix this crap. Not cheap. But I was advised not to drive it because the error will Mile/TIME out. Nope I want it fixed.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice car....
I went from a 550i M-Sport to my 2014 GLI autobahn.

The only 2 things I miss are the bigger interior and the power the 550i had. But the MPG this gets over the BMW's V8 is worth it I think.

Hope you get your issues resolved.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh and I think it definitely needs the performance upgrades. This thing is pretty slow in Stock form.

I still have to wait for upgrades to roll out for my 2014. Good thing you have options available to you for yours

1 - 3 of 3 Posts