VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Volkswagens, nice cars and all, so take the next statement with a grain of salt please. WHY THE HELL ARE THE LOCKS PNEUMATIC???? Yeah, learned that he hard way. I'll be pulling a white door plug and replacement air hose for the driver's side door from the junk yard next week. But on the bright side the turn signal mirrors are now on and look pretty good.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
at least is small crap like locks, could be worse, could be engine problems (forget about coilpacks and clutches!)...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can't tell you how not forward i'm looking to repairing that stupid airline.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Yes pneumatic locks are retarded. My wiring in my driver's door broke last year and the darn thing wouldn't work right. Only cost a $100 deductible, but I don't want to go through that again.
I just put a new door handle on my fiancee's (my) Camry, the door panel was no problem getting off, the hard part was that all the handle mechanisms were BEHIND the aluminum frame of the corner of the door, with a 1.5" access hole to reach one of the bolts. Needless to say, I conquered the bitch, and all of the power lock parts work! I probably saved close to $150 doing it myself with a new handle off ebaymotors (my autoparts store) for $17.50 instead of $50 for OEM . I could just imagine what a Toyota dealer would charge for the labor alone.

[ February 17, 2004: Message edited by: das boot ]

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well next week i'm gonna buy a new door plug, some air line, and a few of those couplers that i found in the hatch. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts